|Common over-the-counter medicines should be avoided by older people as they have been linked to memory loss and problems in thinking, scientists have discovered. Treatments for colds and flu, hay fever, allergy and heartburn tablets containing .|
|Long-term side effects include kidney damage and gastrointestinal problems, such as stomach pain, heartburn, or nausea. Bleeding from the stomach can also occur, often in such minute quantities as to go unnoticed. However, over time anemia may result, .|
|"Anticholinergic drugs do have other more recognized side effects, such as dry mouth, constipation, and urinary retention, and there has been a movement away from using them, but they are still very commonly prescribed and bought in over-the-counter.|
|Typically, these pain syndromes occur after treatment and include chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy as well as neuralgias experienced by women treated for breast cancer who must receive aromatase inhibitors for 5 to 10 years. Less common .|
|Since the SSRIs came out in the 1990s, tricyclic antidepressants such as Elavil aren't used as often.. This means that younger men without prostate problems may also see decreased libido (about 2% of men reported sexual side effects in clinical trials).|
|Anyone who begins to suffer post-shingles pain may be offered amitriptyline - an antidepressant that is also effective in switching off pain at the root of the nerve itself. But for many people, finding a cure for their burning pain is a never-ending.|
|Alcohol isn't the only substance that could get you in trouble behind the wheel — your medication could put you over the limit, too. A Department for Transport study found drug driving (due to legal or illegal drugs) was responsible for up to 200.|
|. also can interfere with memory. Here are 10 of the top types of offenders... Examples: Amitriptyline (Elavil), clomipramine (Anafranil), desipramine (Norpramin), doxepin (Sinequan), imipramine (Tofranil), nortriptyline (Pamelor), protriptyline.|
|Last year she switched antidepressants and began taking amitriptyline, an older antidepressant which is no longer used as a first-line treatment. It is thought to block the effects of two chemical messengers called serotonin and. But writing on her.|
- 6 causes of extreme mood swings and how to deal with them
- Doxycycline Helps One-Third of Chronic Cold Urticaria Patients
- DARPA's Brain Chip Implants Could Be the Next Big Mental Health Breakthrough—Or a Total Disaster
- Fortacin Spray For Premature Ejaculation Could Help 'Nine In 10 Men' Last Longer In Bed
- Sam Dastyari takes a swipe at One Nation candidates on Facebook
- Parents Often Wrong About When Kids Should Take Antibiotics
- Why are Oklahomans turning to medicine meant for their pet fish?
- What is Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome?
- The Many Ills of Peripheral Nerve Damage
- Ranbaxy Halts Generic Lipitor Production After Glass Contamination ...